A group of 3 Portuguese fellow photographers (João Rechena, Nuno Correia and Pedro Moura Pinheiro) recently started a blog with a series of week assignments that could be challenging to anyone who would be interested in participate.
The blog is in English,for better reach of what is going on, and soon will be translated into Portuguese.
Here goes the rules:
1. There’s a new assignment each week, and only photos taken after the assignment is announced are allowed - no previous images!
2. The assignments must be possible for the available conditions in each week.
3. Each photographer must enter a minimum of four and a maximum of six photos per assignment.
4. The themes are open to creative interpretation, within the limits of humor and/or common sense.
5. Each assignment must be entered with a small text explaining the inspiration and the techniques employed.
6. There will be a maximum of two guest photographers per assignment, chosen by the three of us. Guest photographers can submit a minimum of three photos instead of four.
7. The assignments will be chosen by one of us in rotation.
8. The photos of each assignment must be uploaded by noon of each Monday.
9. There can be extra assignments without mandatory participation, with different deadlines, and which run simultaneously with the main assignments.
I think this would be a great way of expanding your knowledge and be in contact with some other fellow photographers for exchange some new ideas regarding each weeks assignment.
You can visit them at photoassignment.net.